Start to Finish
A Quinceañera is more than just planning a great banquet, which includes a religious and symbolic cultural right of passage for a young lady, there are numerous details involved in the planning stages. One of the most important steps, after securing the church, is finding a place in which to host the reception party. Because of our wedding expertise, we can cater everything from a complete quinceañera celebration reception to concierge services for your special event.
The possibilities are endless and these special event staff members are professionals at making your dreams a reality.
To further assist you in the initial planning stages for your quinceañera, we have provided you with a checklist of items to consider during this most special time.
One to Two Years In Advance
- Set the date
- Contact an event planner at The Heights to book the event site. Also discuss catering, entertainment and other options.
- Book the priest/minister (if applicable)
- Determine your budget
- Choose the theme that matches your daughter’s tastes and interests. Make it as unique as she is!
- Choose the colors (see below).
- Book the church – don’t forget to book a rehearsal so you, your court and family can have a walk-through before the big day.
- Assemble a preliminary guest list. Decide on sponsors – who is paying for what.
- Book transportation for the quinceañera, her court of honor and family from church to reception.
- Book photographer and/or videographer (be sure and check with the church on their policy about filming in the church).
Nine Months In Advance
- Begin Planning Ceremony.
- Begin Planning Reception.
- Announce your Quinceañera in the local newspaper.
- Order invitations.
- If you are having your dress made, line up a dressmaker.
- Hire a choreographer or dance instructor to help you with your waltz during the reception.
- Decide if you want a full or half Court of Honor and choose the members.
- Decide on rental equipment needed (if applicable) to reception: tent, chairs, tables, linens, dance floor, staging, etc.
- Secure rental equipment with local rental company.
- Choose attire of Court of Honor. Choose your Honor Escort.
- Purchase invitations.
- Purchase decorations.
- Purchase party favors.
- Meet with Priest or Minister to discuss the ceremony and your preferences.
Four Months In Advance
- Finalize guest lists.
- Touch bases with The Heights to go over details: photographers, florists, musicians, catering, etc.
Two Months In Advance
- Address invitations and announcements.
- Mail them 6-8 weeks prior to event.
- Make appointments for hair, makeup and nails.
- If you are not having a dress made, now is the time to purchase your dress. Send invitations.
One Month In Advance
- Have a formal quinceañera portrait done in quinceañera gown.
- Purchase gifts for Court of Honor.
- Select the music for the main waltz with the Escort of Honor at the reception.
- Hire a choreographer to work with you on practicing this waltz.
- Have final alterations complete on dress (if necessary)
- One week before
- Contact guests who have not responded.
- Give final count to caterer and review final food, beverage and set up instructions.
- Give photographer and videographer a list of shots you would like included.
- Give all musicians the lists of music for the ceremony and reception.
- Make a list of all the items you need to take to the church (candles, gifts, rosary, Bible, anything pertinent to the ceremony itself).
The Day Of
- Be sure you eat something prior to the ceremony. This will be a long day and it may be a while until you get to eat at the reception.
- Have hair, makeup and nails done.
- Have someone keep an emergency kit with an extra pair of panty hose, clear nail polish (for runs), band-aids, makeup, and a mini sewing kit.
- Take payments for vendors and bring extra cash for tipping as necessary.
- Get your checklist of items needed for the ceremony and reception and make sure you have everything before you leave.
- Relax and have fun!
We also offer On and Off-Site Catering Services
Events Catered by The Heights Event Center include: